There is no doubt that artificial intelligence (AI) is changing the way the world operates, specifically but not limited to the business sector. Here are five interesting facts about AI (from www.kickassfacts):
- A scientist named Carl Djerassi not only developed the birth control pill, but also wrote over 1 200 papers on different subjects, and wrote one of the first Artificial Intelligence programs in 1965. This program was called DENDRAL and it could automatically discover unknown forms of medications.
- MASSIVE is a software package used to generate thousands of actors with their own artificial intelligence. It was used to generate the huge battle scenes in the Lord of the Rings films.
- The 1983 Automonopoli was a computer version of Monopoly, marketed as the first to have an artificial intelligence strong enough to compete against human players.
- Facebook is developing an artificial intelligence design to understand user emotions, identify objects in photos, and predict user actions. (http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com)
- Artificial intelligence systems known as ‘robo farmers’ could soon grow crops and tend livestock around Britain while their human controllers need never set foot in a field again.
Naxian Systems’ ANNIE captures the essence of AI, providing businesses and organisations with a means of increasing productivity, reducing downtime and enhancing security. Visit https://naxiansystems.com/